Today we receive a rather nice and lengthy post by Emmanuel Lusinchi which details all the changes regarding the item modification system. Throughout the course of the explanation we learn how over the course of the beta the Bioware team has changed the system, a lot of it undergoing drastic updates.
These changes are based upon the feedback and through the use of the modification system throughout the beta. To sum it up, it's been made simpler and easier to manage, while at the same time retaining all the benefits it had originally begun with.
Things to note are:
- Color Coded Gear: Orange (Fully Modifiable), Blue (Rare), Purple (Epic), & Green (Common)
- Orange Gear can be obtained around level 8 through class quests, space quests and social gear
- Modifications are removable
- Modifications can be done anywhere (a workbench is no longer required)
- Looted / Quest Modifications can now be reverse engineered
- 4 standardized slots